Thursday 16 July 2015

Tips for Fitting Your Clip-in Extensions | Koko Couture

When it's your first time wearing extensions, it can be difficult to work out on your own what to do with them; so here are a few pointers.

   The most important thing to consider if you're thinking of getting extensions, make sure your hair has some layers cut into it first. Then you can clip the extensions underneath each layer, which creates a much more natural look. 

If your hair has no layers and a blunt cut, it becomes much more difficult to blend the extensions in. Even if your hair is the exact same colour as your hair piece, it will still be extremely obvious you are wearing extensions.

Another good tip for if you have particularly short hair:

 On the bottom layer of your own hair, twist it and clip it out of the way and clip your extensions in over the top (this only works if you're wearing your hair down).

 Another great tip to avoid having visually shorter pieces of hair showing, is to clip your bottom layer of extensions backwards under your last layer of hair. As complex as this sounds, it's really simple - rather than clipping the extensions against your head, clip them into your hair (facing outwards).

 Personally, I tend to buy my extensions a few inches longer than the length I actually want my hair and take them with me to the hairdressers. Having your extensions cut into your hair creates a gorgeous, natural blend.

 Everyone's hair and face shape is different, so the way you fit your extensions will be slightly different too. Most qualified hair dressers will know what's best for you! Taking your extensions to the hairdressers can also give you some peace of mind that your hair and the extensions will also match in colour. 

 A really good tip for people with thicker hair: 

A problem I find is if I get thick extensions, my neck begins to ache and my hair feels really heavy, as my hair is already thick. I tend to buy either a thick half head or a thinner full head. This can give me a bit of difficulty on some days such as the day of/after washing my hair, when my hair is extra thick. The extensions appear thinner than ever and I feel as if it is really obvious that the hair is not mine. A simple solution? Curl your extensions! Even if you don't have time to do your full head, curling the extensions will give them a lot of lift and volume and blend them back into your hair. 

Why not take a look at some of Koko Coutures gorgeous extensions?

No comments:

Post a Comment